At SKB Environmental we believe in helping build and strengthen our communities and region. It's part of what our company is all about—that's the kind of people on our team.
The SKB Environmental Rosemount Trust Fund was established to provide for numerous community programs and activities for Rosemount's citizens. The Trust Fund covered the costs to purchase the land for The Dakota County Robert Trail Library in Rosemount. The Trust Fund has also covered costs to construct several athletic fields and provide street lighting in Rosemount. Other past beneficiaries of the fund include: The Boy Scouts of America, the Dakota County Health Department, Alternative Learning Center, Meals on Wheels, and local youth sports - just to name a few.
- Margaret A. Kohring, Midwest Representative
“SKB donated landfill space to help the City of St. Paul and the Corps of Engineers create the Highwood Park Nature Preserve. Many thanks. . .”
The Conservation Fund
Through our organizational support, staff assistance, and financial contributions, SKB Played a pivotal role in bringing America Recycles Day to Minnesota, earning our staff commendations from the Governor.
SKB provides Spring Clean-up Days in local communities, offering residents an opportunity to clean up their cities at no cost to them.
SKB aided in establishing an environmental studies curriculum at Simley High School in Inver Grove Heights, a model for Minnesota Schools.
SKB staff donates time to teach courses offered by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency for landfill operator certification.
Among our annual community service efforts, we're sponsors of:
- America Recycles Day
- B.E.S.T Foundation
- Forrest Glewwe Scholarship
- Spring Clean-up Days in many communities in the Twin Cities Area
- The Scholarship Fund for the Best Foundation
- The Recycling Association of Minnesota & Solid Waste Association of North America's annual fall Solid Waste Conference
- Arthritis Foundation's "Race for the Cure"
- Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Wishes & More
- Batten’s Disease Support and Research Association
- Dakota Area Resources and Transportation for Seniors (DARTS)
- "Roxy" Memorial Golf Tournament for Breast Cancer